Considering I’ve just been blogging for a very short time, thanks to a very kind and generous blogger, I’ve just been nominated for a blogger award! The Liebster Award has been going around for quite some time and is an award for new bloggers to get those bloggers noticed and then for those newly awarded bloggers to then nominate other new bloggers. The basic idea behind the award is to get readers and other bloggers to get to know you.
I was nominated by Natasha Mila from her amazing blog, http://www.thesproutmix.com/liebster-award/ ( The Sprout Mix ). Thank you Natasha for nominating me! I can’t believe I’ve been nominated for this award and am very grateful to you. I must say, this makes me feel welcome in the blogging world.
- Thank and link back to the person who nominates you.
- Answer the questions given by the person who nominates you.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers with less than 200 followers.
- Create 11 new questions for the nominees to answer.
- Let the nominees know they’ve been nominated!
The Questions Natasha asked me are:
- What was the last picture you took with your phone of? A gorgeous dresser that I want to try to paint just like the photo!
- What is your ethnicity? I am Puerto Rican. My parents were born in Puerto Rico, I was first generation born here in the states. I love the story where my father who ran away from home and did migrant, farming to get by at 12-13 was later recognized for being a hard & dedicated worker and several years later was offered an chance/opportunity from Puerto Rico to come to the States for farm work. A big time Mushroom Farmer from Kennett Square purchased a $39 one-way ticket for my father to come to America. And the rest … that is history my friends. My dad met my mom at a local restaurant/establishment in West Chester, PA and they married a year later back at their home land, Puerto Rico!
- What is the craziest prank you have ever pulled on anyone? Although I’m always somewhat of a prankster, I don’t have any epic or redeeming pranks that I’ve pulled. I try to prank for fun, not to embarrass or harm so I don’t take it too far.
- If you could stay one age forever, what age would you be? 20s! When life was carefree and fun. Seems the older you get the more responsibility you have which can at times be overwhelming.
- What is the most awkward social encounter you have had? I can’t say I’ve really had any awkward social encounters.
- What makes you happy? Travelling, visiting New Orleans!
- What is one thing you would like to share about yourself? I think the one thing in my life that has definitely challenged me and constantly keeps me on my toes is having a child with Asperger’s (Autism) Syndrome. By far life has been challenging and while I’ve always persevered all the blows life has to offer, Asperger’s has definitely been one of the most challenging! As a mom, it’s like raising a new child every day! Always a new set of challenges every single day! In fact, after suffering with chronic back & nerve pain and undergoing 2 back surgeries, I stumbled upon painting furniture as an outlet and gratifying hobby. I continue to paint, continue to deal with life’s challenges and continue to be overwhelmed with the challenges of my son’s condition. Painting keeps me going!
- Mountains or beach? Beach for sure!
- If you had to be trapped in a TV show for a month, which one would you be in? Flea Market Flip 🙂
- Socks or bare feet? Socks!
- What is your favorite holiday and why? My favoritist holiday used to be Christmas but as my kids have grown and have moved out and on to have their own families, the blessings of Christmas have come & go. I longer share that love, the blessings and joy of Christmas. The most amazing part of Christmas for me was spoiling the kids, surprising the kids & showing each gift had a sentimental meaning. Now that they are grown, the luster of the season has diminished for me.
As a recipient award, I have been tasked with nominating another 11 bloggers who have under 200 followers. If you are newbie blogger and would like to be nominated … please comment below so I can continue to pass the awards along!